Monday, May 10, 2010

Sex and the City 2!


This is sponsored content from BlogHer and Sex and the City 2.



I'm sure all of you know that Sex and the City 2 is coming out soon and I'm not usually a movie theater type person but I do make exceptions for something as big as Carrie and the girls back on the big screen!

Sex and the City reminds me a lot of my relationships with my girlfriends. I don't mean in the way that we are alike in their personalities. I don't think I have any friends that I can say "oh she is just like Samantha." I mean, I personally do not relate to just one of them, but within my group of girlfriends, we do all have our own characteristics that are similar to each Sex and the City character and although we are all at different places in life, when we come together it's like a fun little world that we only we know and love. It's what having good girlfriends is about and I love that a show like Sex and the City really celebrates the power of the female relationships. Even before I was married, I've always been the girl with a boyfriend but I've always made time for my girlfriends as "girl talk" is just something that I just have to have. There is nothing more that I love than meeting girlfriends over dinner and chatting/gossiping over many cocktails through the night. My girls and I have been known to close down restaurants not because we got too crazy but for the pure fact that we can laugh and talk for hours on end and not realize that everyone else in the restaurant has left! It's something that I truly cherish about my girls. Now that we are all a bit older, busy with our careers, some married, some with kids, getting together gets harder and harder to do but I think the best part about growing up and finding a good group of girlfriends is that no matter how long I haven't seen them, we are still there for each other no matter what. I love my husband more than anything but I also realize how important my girls are to me and that life would be completely different without them. After all, who else will squeal with me when I buy a new pair of Louboutins? The shopping support is the best part of girlfriends! :)

So, I would love to know about you and your group of friends! What is it that you love the most about it? Do you and your friends relate to the ladies of Sex and the City?

To find out more about the movie visit the official Sex and the City website and to see what other women are saying about the movie visit the BlogHer.com special offers page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this to come out! I think one of the reasons S&TC was such a great TV show was that it was easy to relate to in so many ways. Even if your friends aren't exactly like the characters (and no ones probably are), you just relate to some of the things they go through and the bond they all have with each other. I love having my 'girl time' with my friends, and like you said, even though it's harder to do that now, it's always worth it :)

little luxury list said...

I'm the same way! My close friends are actually from totally different social circles and locations (high school, college, grad school) but I can spend hours with each chatting about inane or deep things and closing down restaurants. We're not exactly any of the characters, but we are all loving, somewhat vulnerable yet strong, and totally enjoy food and fashion!

Unknown said...

I think when you strip away the fabulous couture and the crazy story lines, they're just normal women who yearn for the very normal things in life! My friends and I still quote episodes from SATC when talking about our problems and issues and my 70 something (she won't tell us her real age) grandma absolutely loves the show!
I can't wait for the new one! My friends and I went to one of the few national previews for the last one, all dressed up - they had topless men serving cocktails (and condoms!) and a best dressed competition, it was the absolute best way to see it after waiting for it for so long!!!

bonggamom said...

I agree with you about the shopping. My husband can't take more than an hour of window shopping. What I love best about my girlfriends is that I can shop for hours with them, not buy a thing, and still have a great time.